Wednesday, August 29, 2012




Quick 40 minute sketch of what I had in mind when I first started working on Unity again. Quick pitch: fast-paced platformer combat on shifting asteroids. This is a very, very lofty goal, but allows for progress and occasional check-ins along the way. I have no idea what form my experiments will actually take, but this was the seed of the idea.
I like this mental target, as it provides several learning opportunities. From here, I'll need to learn about:
- 3rd-person camera systems. Account for large foreground elements, enemy targeting, etc.
- Moving a character with rigidbody elements through a space
- Attacking, hit boxes... the entirely of a combat system. Tracking stats.
- UI elements
- Lots, lots more.
My next step, I think, will be starting my control set-up and camera for my character. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment